Thursday, March 19, 2009

This has been a hard week

This week was supposed to be the happiest time for us. Our baby was supposed to be ten weeks on Friday and I was having the first ultrasound on Wednesday. Well when we got to the ultrasound the baby had no heartbeat, it stopped growing at six weeks. As I was lying there on the table as he is telling me that there is something wrong, I could not tell you what I was thinking. Except that this cannot be happening to us again. You could see the babies head and little arms and how I wish that it was alive. The doctor told me that the amniotic sac was still growing but the baby was not. That is why I didn't have a miscarriage. So on Thursday morning I went in to have a D & C. We are hopeful that this will shed some light on what is going wrong and could possibly help us in the future. I did really well in surgery and have no pain thus far. Although we have had these challenges this past year we are still hopeful as is the doctor. He has been very thorough and we greatly appreciate all he has done for us. We are also grateful for everyone's support through this rough time. We know that without you this would only be harder to get through.

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys and want to let you know that you've been in our thoughts and prayers. I am so impressed with your strength and faith in the Lord. We hope you enjoy your new place and good things to come in the future.

    ReplyDelete